Thursday, July 28, 2005

Unexpected News

Life was great! And while life is still good, it is now once again a bit more complicated for me. This past Friday (7/22) I had a very unexpected seizure at Marv and Lee Smucker’s home in Wichita, Kansas that sent me to the emergency room. After a CT scan and a MRI of my brain, they discovered a two by six centimeter “something” located in the frontal lobe of my brain. With my recent history involving cancer, the doctors are suspecting this to be cancer as well. This really wasn’t on my to do list for my future plans, but such is life . . . unexpected. Monday I had a spinal tap followed by another on Wednesday because the one on Monday came back showing no abnormalities. It would be nice if I had a bit more of a warning system in life so that tumors wouldn’t just spring up in my body out of nowhere.

Once again, I am in need of prayers so that the doctors can effectively diagnose and take care of whatever is in my head.

Struggling for Peace,
Nathan

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
We are so sorry to hear about the bad news. What a bummer, especially after the great news you just received.
But don't give up, remember that God only gives you what you can handle (which at times seems crazy the things he hands us). You are a very strong and wonderful person and you have an awesome family to help you out.
We will continue to pray for you and we wish you the best of luck with the upcoming test results. Just remember that God loves you and this may be a very special way for you to help others come to know God. Your courage and ability to go through something like this gives the rest of us a reason to keep fighting, living, and loving.
Use this time to minister to others and to share your awesome story with them.
May you find peace in the love of our Lord, our family, and our friends!
We love you Nathan.
Becky & Rob

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan, we'll be praying.

Kristy & Jason

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you, Nathan. As much as we love you, imagine how much greater is God's love ! His love is stronger than all our fears. We continue to keep you and your family in our prayers.
Susan and Dick

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan, So sorry to hear it! Keep your head up and be confident, We will be praying for you! Love Luke, Krystal and Isaac

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
I am so sorry to hear about this unexpected news. I continue to pray for you and your family.
Ruth Stoltzfus

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan -- Can't comprehend the latest news, but am praying doubley and tripley for your peace of mind, patience and courage. God has you in His hands. Feel His power and love.
Prayers to you -- Mary Forney

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan, piensas que vamos a entenderlo un dia? Dios sabe. El todopoderoso te tiene en sus manos y a mi tambien. Piensando
Trixy

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nathan, Shannon, Kayla, Austin, and I continue to pray in FAITH that God will heal you for his glory!I have never faced anything like you are right now, but after nearly 20 years in the Army, I do know that our God reveals himself to us in awsome ways during the most frightening and desperate situations. Praying for your healing, Myron and Shannon.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home