Saturday, June 04, 2005

Waiting

Walking into the waiting room of the oncology wing I knew it was going to be a long wait as people filled almost every available seat. And sure enough, it was. At least Kendra was with me and we were able to work on an article we are writing up. That helped the time go by a little faster. On Thursday I had my routine check up to make sure I am able to receive my treatment as scheduled. I plan on receiving my chemotherapy as an outpatient this coming Tuesday (6/7).

The newest excitement in my life is having the opportunity to be involved at Crooked Creek Christian Camp this summer. I am planning on being the camp pastor during the first week. But, I need to stay healthy in order to do this. This next chemo is also my second to last!

Peace,
Nathan

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning,
Thanks for the update as it is always good to hear from you. As I check your site each day I pray for you in addition to my Saturday night time.
I pray that your experience as camp pastor will be a blessing to you as well as the campers. May Christ's presence be yours. Sharon

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nathan, Just wanted to say hello, and let you know that you are in our prayers everyday! Hope that you have a great experience this summer at the camp. The kids there will be blessed to have you as a camp pastor! Saw this today in a book, thought it was good. "In one thousand trials it is not five hundred of them that work for the believer's good, but nine hundred and ninety-nine of them, and one beside. Praying in FAITH for your healing! Love, Mike, Shannon, Kayla, and Austin.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nathan, Hello again from Indiana. Raining here today, we sure can use it. Saw this today during devotions, and God touched my heart to send it to you. "The clouds are very black, its true;but just behind them is the blue!GOD watches, and you will have sun, when clouds their perfect work have done!" "In everything you are enriched by him." Have a great summer!Thank you for your leadership in faith and perseverance!Your cousin, Mike.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan, I hope this was/is a great week for you. I know you will be an awesome camp pastor...I also know it will continue to be a time when God is at work. My prayer is that God, as the great healer, will continue to be about the work of restoration in the world and in your being...May God's healing love and grace be in every corner of your heart, every crevice of your mind and every cell of your body. Peace, Pam

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home