Monday, July 18, 2005

Praise the Lord!

I received great news of a miracle today; a true answer to thousands of prayers. The simple news is that there is no active cancer in my body to treat at this time. That means: no chemo, no radiation, no surgery and no bone marrow transplant at this time. And that is wonderful news!

The more detailed answer to my excellent test results is that there are no cancer cells in my bone marrow, which is an answer to many of my prayers in itself. And while the PET scan showed no active cancer cells in my body there are still a couple of residual tumors left in my abdomen. As it was explained to me, this means that as when a body dies it doesn’t disappear immediately, and when a tumor dies it may take a while for it to be completely flushed out of my body and may even last a while as scar tissue. Additionally, the PET scan showed a “hot spot” the size of a centimeter on one of my lungs. Since it is highly improbable that a new tumor would develop during chemotherapy, the doctors are thinking that this “hot spot” is most likely an infection. I will be returning to the hospital for a CT scan in two months to make sure there are still now active cancer cells in my body.

So that is the story for today and I am overwhelmed with thankfulness to God for it. As we continue to pray, lets thank God for the miracle that he has obviously done in my life.

Celebrating God’s Faithfulness,
Nathan

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! Nathan, I have been praying for you today, knowing that you would find out the results of your test. Wow, God is so faithful! I hope you get to go out and celebrate the goodness of God!

always,
Sarah Rohrer

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
thanks for posting today...I thought of you and your family all day...I am reminded of the scripture we studied at Charlotte:
"with great power the aspostles continued to testify to the resurection of the Lord, and much grace was upon them all"...thank you for testifying the power of our Lord...we can't keep quiet!...we have a voice and we have something to shout...Praise the strong name of Jesus (who loves us the best!)
Pam

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
We praise the Lord with you!!!! I can't count the number of times I have prayed for you...and your family...the past week. I am so thankful you got good news. My "scheduled" prayer time is tomorrow and you better believe it will be a praise session! Thanks for sharing!
Joann

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Thank you for sharing your good news with us. Sharon

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm 95, verses 2 and 3, say "Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods." Thanks you for sharing the good news with us.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nathan,

That's AWESOME news!! Praise God!! Krystal and I are so happy to hear the good news (and Isaac too). We hope and pray that your future tests will always have the same results!

- Luke & Krystal

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,

Praise the Lord. I have been praying for you since it all began and especially over this past week.
I'm so glad you shared your good news. You were healed by the one and only great physician, Jesus Christ, and to Him we owe all the glory. You will continue in my prayers.

Cathy

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing. Your office will be ready when you are. Take your time, but we'll keep pulling for you.

Nate C.L.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear the good news! Praise the Lord for the amazing healing and His care for you during this long ordeal. My prayer for you today was one of thanksgiving. Love, Aunt Elaine
PS. Todd said to tell you that he remembers you daily in prayer.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
I have had goose bumps ever since I heard the news about you. I have told everyone I know about your story. God is so amazing!! Praise Him for His healing hand, for guiding the doctors and helping keep your attitude positive through out this ordeal. I pray that everything continues to go well for you and your family in the days to come!
Linda Soukup

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Nathan!
Me alegro mucho por lo que Dios ha hecho. Me alegro por este milagro. Que sigues sentir la presentia de Dios! El te muestrara el camino por donde El te quiere guiar. Te deseo mucho fuerza por este parte de tu vida que viene. Muchos saludos
Trixy

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home