Monday, July 11, 2005

To Canada and Back

I recovered from my last treatment as always; with lots of fatigue and a stomach ach. But, now I am feeling great.

This past weekend I had a wonderful time in Canada. I went there for one of my good Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) friends’ wedding. There were five of us MCCers from the US and Canada that lived and worked in Asuncion, Paraguay for a year. It was so much fun to see all of them again as well as another volunteer from Germany that was there at the same time. It was a weekend of excitement as we scrounged around proof of citizenship for the child of one of the MCCer’s, reconnected with good friends, and stayed as a group at a wonderful bread and breakfast. I now need to catch up on the rest I let slip by over the weekend.

It is back to the hospital for exams this week. I have a bone marrow biopsy and PET scan coming up on Wednesday (13). But, I won’t be able to go over the results with my doctor until the following Monday (18). This is a week of waiting and anxiety. Please remember me in your prayers as I wait and wait. And of course, I am praying for great news from the doctors.

Trying to be patient
Nathan

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
After seeing you in Washington last week, I kept thinking about you heading out to Canada and I'm soooo glad you had a great time!! I'll continue praying for you as you wait this week. I'm asking for healing for you from our Mighty God.
Love, Merridy

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan & family,

Staff and family of LaCasa are keeping you in our prayers during this week of waiting. We are praying for peace of mind as you await the news, and for good news when it comes.

Nate

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home