Friday, April 15, 2005

Back Home

Walking through the heavy metal swinging doors at the hospital is a wonderful feeling; that is when walking from the inside out. While I am thankful to be able to go to the hospital when I am not feeling well and for treatment, it is always a joy to be able to leave again. I was able to come home yesterday afternoon, which is a little bit earlier than the norm. But, I had no problem with that since the doctors felt I would be able to recover at home with an oral antibiotic. I have some sort of sinus infection and am still recovering from it, but I am doing a lot better and my temperature isn’t a high fever like it had been Tuesday night and Wednesday. Additionally, in 24 hours my white blood count quadrupled in number. After my blood test came back and my nurse looked at my white blood count numbers, she looked at me and said, “your body must have been really busy last night.” My white blood cell numbers are still low, but better than what they were. I want to thank you all for the many prayers that helped my bone marrow make white blood cells and helped me to have a relatively short visit to the hospital. I am thankful the infection I have isn’t serious and I look forward to when it is completely gone.

God answers prayer,
Nathan

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I praise the Lord with you. Sharon

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to read that you are coming-out of your fever. I'm praying that your blood count stay's high and your strength goes up as well. Keep it up Nathan!! Take Care!
Alfridie

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so happy and thankful that you didn't have to stay in the hospital very long. It is a wonderful feeling to walk out of the hospital. We also praise God that your white blood cells went up and are praying that they will stay up and help you fight that sinus infection. Love Carl and Elaine

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray that you start to feel better very soon. And that your blood count will stay high and you will be able to fight your infection just fine.
God bless and keep up the awesome work.
Love always,
Stacy

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home