Thursday, May 19, 2005

Over And Over Until I'm Done

I am back in the Hospital for my tenth chemotherapy treatment. But this time I am doing the whole thing as an outpatient instead of being admitted onto the oncology floor. Basically this means I don't have to spend the night in the hospital, which is very nice. So far everything is going well and I hope I can finish my last two treatments as an outpatient as well.

Today I had a couple of visitors drop by. It is always nice to see familiar faces when I am in the hospital. Although, due to the frequency of my visits to the hospital I have become acquainted with many of the oncology nurses. In fact, I believe my time here has outlasted at least one staff member I had gotten to know. Not something I am really proud of, but interesting enough.

I had a very quick but enjoyable trip to Goshen last weekend. The concert went well and I also had a great time seeing so many friends I don't get to see very often.

With Love,
Nathan

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
I was thinking about you today. It was really great to see you at the concert. Your smiling face has been missed around campus like you will never know. My prayers are that God will grant you strength and peace for these last few treatments. Know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of many people. Keep the faith!
~Kassidy Cheek

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

We keep your in our prayers at all times and think of you often. Recently one morning we had the following in our devotions.

God never wills ill for us. What a comforting assurance! Bad things happen in our lives, but we can be sure God has not willed them. The judgments and decisions we make -- sometimes even life's natural course of events -- affect our lives for good or for ill. God does not cause or want bad things to happen to us.

The equally good news is that in whatever circumstance we find ourselves, God is with us. When bad things do happen, God is there to reassure us and help us through those rough times. Thanks be to God for the goodness and grace that fill our lives!

The Seatons

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan!,

After reading your entries I was blown away of how strong you are with this whole situation. You have remained so positive and trusted in the Lord for strength and because of this I know you will get through if fine and recover fast. Our family continues to pray for you and I think you are a amazing person for being able to deal with so much and stay so positive and spirtual. God Bless you and we hope to see you soon!
Krystal Bisbee (Lukes wife)

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home