Thursday, February 10, 2005

Caring Support

HI

It is now a week and a half after I received my VAC treatment (all three drugs). I recovered from it like the last time, which is a good thing. I started eating by Wednesday. I believe all of our prayers are making a difference. Even so, it still amazes me how much better I feel on Sunday when I wake up than I do on Saturday. While I don’t feel horrible, all week long after my VAC I have an exhausted feeling like I have just swam across a lake without being in shape. Then bam, Sunday comes and the feeling goes away just like that. It isn’t gradual like I would expect. I suppose that’s chemo for ya.

The past week or so has been fairly busy for me, which has been great. Kendra was in the area for the past week or so working for Hesston College. And it just so happens that I live in the area close to Iowa Mennonite School where she has a lot of contacts. Lucky me! And then on Wednesday my dad and I did the chapel service at Iowa Mennonite School. We shared how we are experiencing God’s presence in the current valley of fighting cancer. It was good for me to think about it and I hope it was beneficial for the students at IMS. This past week I also received a prayer quilt from Denise Miller, Judy King and Kendra. It is wonderful! I feel so blessed to have so many people who care so much for me. And today I managed to make it outside and cross-country ski for a bit. God continues to show his love to me in so many different ways each and every day.

God is truly awesome!

Nathan

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
It's wonderful to hear you are doing so well since your last VAC treatment.
Thank you to you and your dad for sharing in chapel at IMS. My son shared many things that were said...which is very unusual. You made an impact on him and I thank you for being transparent about your feelings and spiritual growth.
We continue to pray for complete healing for your body.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
It was so good to read your last letter. I have been wondering how you are doing. I talked with Karen Watson and she said you were at church Sunday and looked so good and you had your quilt there. I can hardly wait to see the quilt as she said it is beautiful.
I'm sure our prayers are helping you, and I think your visits from Kendra seem to be good medicine too!
That was so neat that you and your dad could share in chapel. Keep sending us good reports.

Love ya,
Marlene

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
Thank you for sharing in chapel this past week. Listening to you and Tim made me think about a lot of things. Seeing your faith and your families faith in God through this time encourages me to grow in my faith, and to lean on God through the hard times. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nathan, We continue to pray in faith for your healing!I'm glad that you got to ski this week,and enjoy the outdoors!Shannon and I ski when we go to Montana to visit her family. I was reading my devotions this morning and found this saying "Difficulty is sent to reveal to us what GOD can do in answere to the FAITH that prays and works".Thank you for your example of faith! Your cousin,Myron,Shannon,Kayla,and Austin.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
Thank you for sharing your progress with all of us. I've been reading your website every week. I just wanted to tell you that there are many people praying for you in Argentina everyday.
I pray that God continues working in your body as well as in your spirit.
God Bless you,

Diego & Erika Rodriguez

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home