Thursday, January 13, 2005

Feeling Fairly Well

I made it through this last VAC (all three chemos) better than I have ever before. Praise the Lord! While I am still tired and my muscles feel strange, like normal, my stomach didn’t hurt near the same as it has the past three times. And, that makes a big difference in how I feel. Thank you for all your prayers, they are working. I also had another consultation with my doctors the day of my VAC treatment where they informed me that I no longer have to take one of my at home medications. The purpose of that medication was to protect my kidneys from large amounts of uric acid that accumulates as the tumors shrink. I still have numerous tumors in my body, it is just that I guess a good portion of the mass as been flushed out. We also talked about my future treatment, which as of now will be two more cycles of my three-week treatment plan. In six weeks I will have another CT scan and possibly another bone marrow biopsy (not looking forward to that one and I am still six weeks away!!!). Then we will have to see where I go from there. I am trusting that God has it all under control and appreciate the many prayers that I know are still pouring out!

Some of you may know that I was hoping on being able to attend my cousin’s wedding in Ohio this weekend. I believe I am feeling up to it so I am planning on being there and seeing a lot of family this weekend, which I am really looking forward to.

May God’s peace be with us all,
Nathan

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nathan,It was great to see you last weekend in Illinois.We are glad that you can go to the wedding this weekend as well.I was reading my devotions this morning and found this."God is in every tomorrow,Therefore I live for today,Certain of finding at sunrise,Guidance and strength for the way;Power for each moment of weakness,Hope for each moment of pain,Comfort for each faithful moment,Sunshine and joy after rain".We are praying in FAITH that God will continue to wash you with torrents of healing rain!Your cousin,Myron,Shannon,Kayla,and Austin.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
It is good to hear that your treatment continues to go well. I praise the Lord that you are still feeling strong after all your chemotherapy treatments and that you can stop one of your medications. I pray that you feel well enough to attend your cousin's wedding and that you enjoy yourself while spending time with your family and friends. You are missed here in Goshen.
Blessings to you.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan: It was good to catch up on how things are going with you. Glad to hear you are feeling better after the chemos. We trust you are in Ohio this weekend and enjoying being with family out there. We are here in Florida away from those single digit numbers. It has been in 70's & 80's, but now is in 60's. You are still in our prayers and thoughts. Thanks for keeping us updated.

We care, Roger & Joanne

5:45 PM  
Blogger rpwaynen said...

Nathan,
Glad to hear you are coping so well through this whole ordeal. I wish you a great time with your family in Ohio. It's not such a bad place,although our winters leave something to be desired! I hope the weather cooperates for you, and you have a great time in every way. Tell your parents "hi" for me, and have them give us a call while in Ohio.
God Bless.
Wayne and Mary Nitzsche
Wooster, Ohio

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan, you do not know me very well as I have been away from Washington for quite some time, but I have known and loved your folks for several years. So, in turn that makes me love you as well. I was dismayed to hear of your health problems and I will join the many others who hold you up in prayer on a daily basis. It sounds to me like you are an extremely brave young man who is handling a very tough situation with a great amount of grace. Keep your faith, and hold on to your courage. I hope you rest well tonight and that tomorrow has a new ray of hope shining just for you! Sharon Christner, Winter Haven, FL

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home