Monday, January 31, 2005

Monday is Here

I made it back home for Goshen with a van full of the belongings I left behind just two and a half months ago. Packing up didn’t feel strange though. What felt strange was being back in a place that I once was such apart of and not having much more of a reason to be there than to visit friends and professors. But, it was a lot of fun. I got to stay with my roommate and hang out at the house I lived in at the beginning of the school year. It was so much fun just to sit down and talk with so many people I haven’t seen since my life changed. Simply talking with those I don’t see very often and yet are supporting me so much was the best part of my trip. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to see everyone I wanted, but I will be back.

Right now I am feeling so good and yet in the back of my mind I know the time is wearing thin until my body will hit the bricks of chemo. Monday it is back to the hospital to receive all three chemos. Last time I received my VAC, while my body still felt tired and out of it my stomach ach went away by Wednesday, which helped me to feel a lot better than previous VAC recoveries. My prayer requests for this coming week, and what I will be praying for, is that my stomach ach goes away quickly again, my hospital stay goes smoothly, and the chemotherapy is extremely effective in destroying the cancer within the body.

Once again, I thank all of you for supporting through the long hall of my treatment,
Nathan

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
I haven't written a tenth as often as I've been thinking of you over the last few months but I just wanted to touch base and let you know that there are lots of people thinking of you from up here in Manitoba. I discovered this weekend how small the world really is and learned that good friends of your family spent time with my boyfriends parents in Brazil and knew Jason (my boyfriend) when he was just a baby. In fact their second son is named Jason I think. Anyways, it was one of those coincidences that just remind you that God has a plan for us and he connects us in ways that are deeper than anything we could ever know. I pray for you and your family often.
con carino,
Kristy

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
This is a favorite prayer of mine that I prayed for you last night. I inserted your name when it said "me" or "my". It's called "Courage".

God make Nathan brave,
Let him strengthen after pain,
As a tree strengthens after the rain,
Shining and lovely again.

As the blown grass lifts,
Let Nathan rise from sorrow
With quiet eyes,
Knowing Thy way is wise.

God make Nathan brave,
Life brings such blinding things,
Help Nathan keep his sight,
Help him to see alright,
That out of dark comes light.

Still thinking of you everyday and praying that each treatment goes well.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan, Casey & I went to the IMS game last night...and it was a good one! We had hoped to see you there but Becky said you were pretty tired from your chemo on Monday. I'm really praying and hoping you don't get hit as hard with the stomach ache and that the chemo is doing its job extremely well. We have a group of moms, called Moms In Touch, that pray for you each Tuesday a.m. and our Wed. Prayer Group, too. You can never have too much prayer, right? I'm so happy for your experience back at Goshen...supportive friends are that little bit of heaven on earth! Keep clinging to Jesus in faith and know that God's love and comfort are very near every moment. God's blessings~
Tammy Negrete

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan,

Wow, it's great to read what all you've been doing these past weeks. I am glad you were able to travel to the wedding and back to school to see your friends. You have so many friends and loved ones to help you through this.
I continue to pray for you and think about you. I hope that the next treatments go quickly and as painlessly as possible.I pray that your stomach feels better too. I hope you can stay away from all the winter bugs too. Just think, it won't be too long and the temps will be warmer and winter will be past us. It's good to hear how well you are doing!
Take care and God Bless you!

Linda Soukup

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan, I dropped you a note on Jan 13 which was the first time I had read your blog comments. At that time I promised to keep you in daily prayer and daily thought. So many of us are doing that and are so gratified to see that as we are told, prayer does work! I also pray for the rest of your family as I know this must be a very frightening experience for them. Seeing our children hurt is a very hard thing for a parent to go through. They must be very proud of you for the courage you continue to show. Your trip back to college must have been a bitter sweet time for you but wasn't it wonderful to feel the love? Hang in there, kiddo, brighter days are ahead! Sharon, FL

9:43 AM  
Blogger Nathan's Blog... said...

Hi Nathan. I ran into your Mom the other day a the hospital and she said you would be an inpatient again this week. I had planned to visit you, but didn't make it, I regret that. I hope you still keep the prayer beads that Justin made for you close by. He was so proud of them, it was cute. Thank you for sending him a special note, that was very sweet. We have all been thinking about you and praying for you. May God bless you and heal you.

Becky Litwiller

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Nathan: Just read that you are in for another series and pray that you will not have to suffer so much and that the cancer disappears. We just came back from Miami where the MEDA board met and they are also praying for you. In Sarasota Roger attends a men's prayer breakfast and they are also praying for you.

You continue in our thoughts and prayers.

Blessings, Roger and Joanne

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home