Friday, January 21, 2005

Its Already Friday

It is already Friday and I realized I haven’t written a new blog. This is the second week of my cycle, so I am feeling pretty well and getting lots of sleep. That is other than getting over the cold I picked up this past weekend in Ohio. I had a great time in Ohio with family as we all stayed in the same hotel and went to my cousins wedding. As a family, we spent time talking and playing Rook (a card game). It was so much fun to once again see my grandparents, aunts and uncles, and a lot of cousins on my Dad’s side. But, that weekend, because of traveling through the night, I didn’t get much sleep and came down with a cold. I felt the worst Saturday night and all day Sunday, but I am now getting over it and hopefully that will be my cold of the year. I am thankful I didn’t get any other infections at the same time, but the doctors put me on antibiotics just to be safe.

This next week I will be visiting the Goshen area again. I am really excited to see so many of the friends in Goshen who I know are praying for me and have done a lot to support me the last couple of months. It should be a fun time.

As far as the medical end of my life, I have around 7 more weeks till I undergo scans and tests again. That will be two more cycles of chemotherapy. The tests are something that I am in prayer about even though it is a little ways off still.

Enjoying the cold winter days by our fireplace . . .

Nathan

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,

It was so good to talk to you on the phone yesterday! I'm really excited to see you when you come to Goshen this next week. You have definitely been in my prayers. I always knew you were an incredibly strong person, but battling cancer has just revealed your faith to me even more. You are an incredible man of God, and I'm so grateful to know you. I hope this weekend is one full of rest so that you feel good enough to come to Goshen.

Take care, Nathan!
always,
Sarah Rohrer

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Nathan.
I'm also enjoying this cold winter day in the warmth of my home. No fireplace, but still cozy and warm compared to what I see outside this morning!
I'm always amazed at how healthy and happy you look each Sunday at church. And you have barely missed a Sunday (except when you've been traveling)! I'm sure that relying on God has strengthened you, both spiritaully and physically. God really can be depended on, can't she/he?
You are such an inspiration to me, Nathan. I'm so glad you've been a part of my family's and my life since you were a little boy.
May God bless your life with peace. Susie

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nathan,
I always look forward to your updates. I continue to praise the Lord with you for your faithfulness and for the shrinking tumors.
As I was praying through the Psalms for you this evening I read the following and prayed this with and for you.
Your ways,O God, are holy.
What god is so great as our God?
You are the God who performs miracles;
you display your power among the peoples.

Enjoy your travel to IN with your dad and your time with friends in Goshen. Blessings and safety. Sharon

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

take care nathan... now even strangers as far as new york city are thinking of you, wishing you the best... keep writing.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate,
it was good to see you here at LaCasa last week. It's a continued blessing to read your updates and share in your daily victories. Your strength is truly awesome.
I look forward to reading future postings and commit to keeping you in my prayers.

Jason E. Lehman

p.s. nice Hawkeye win over IU last weekend!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home