Monday, November 28, 2005

Hospital Naps

I always ask my dad what time we are going to leave the hospital. Today he guessed one pm. Instead it was five pm when we walked out of the hospital. I must say that I am exhausted right now after being in the hospital for around six hours. But, I also received some great news today. First of all I had a MRI (brain scan), which showed that my brain cancer has not changed since my last MRI on October 5th. This is very wonderful news as I have been having headaches recently, which can be an indication of a growing brain tumor. I am very happy that that is not the case! Additionally, during the long waiting hours in the hospital, which included a rest time for me, I also found out that my blood cells, except for my hemoglobin, are improving in strength. This means that most likely I will be going back to the hospital again on December fifth for another weeklong chemo treatment that I had almost a month ago. This is both good news and not so great news as I don’t like spending time in the hospital receiving treatments of any sort. So, other than continued health I need prayers for more strength as I am going through the chemotherapy treatment that wipes me out and makes me rather tired. That is the latest news that I have.

Love,
Nathan

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan,
PTL for your MRI results! Will continue prayer for relief from your headaches and strength for your body and mind. Hopefully the beautiful winter wonderland outside will brighten your day...especially if you can just stay home and enjoy it! Know that we love you...and are thinking of you often...God's blessings!
Tammy N.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!!!! My prayer for you today is a day with no pain of any kind and a day of "peace that passeth all understanding".

Have a blessed day!!

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!! God gave you a beautiful blanket of snow on your birthday - with the blue sky in the background I almost thought I was in Colorado!! We feel very blessed to be a part of your life - you challenge us to be better people. You continue to be in our prayers daily and especially this next week as you begin another round of chemo. We pray you remain strong in your body, mind and spirit. We love you... Jon and Becky

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Nathan-
You continue to be in my prayers every day. Be encouraged with these daily reminders of the love God has for you.

God bless-
Darice Keating

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited . . .
It cannot cripple love,
It cannot shatter hope,
It cannot corrode faith,
It cannot destroy peace,
It cannot kill friendship,
It cannot suppress memories,
It cannot silence courage,
It cannot invade the soul,
It cannot steal eternal life,
It cannot conquer the spirit.

-From The Circle,
source unknown

Someone shared this at church and I instantly thought of you. Remember that cancer is limited and know that you are being prayed for here in San Antonio.

Peace,
Kristen Mast

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home