Tuesday, November 01, 2005

More Chemotherapy

Frustrated and yet relieved is how I am feeling right now, and all for the same reason. I had my meeting today with my cancer doctors and found out that I will be staring my chemotherapy this coming Monday, the 7th of November. The frustrating part is I know a lot about how I will physically be feeling and the relieving part is that I want to be done with all the treatments as soon as possible. The combination makes it a hard date to be happy with. I will be starting the chemotherapy with Ifosfamide which is a chemo strong enough to penetrate through my brain blood barrier. That is strong stuff! I will receive this for three to five days in a row and then have some time to recover before receiving more chemotherapy that will require me to stay in the hospital for around a month. Prayer is also important during this time as there are a number of risks involved with receiving Ifosfomide. I would appreciate it if you could pray for me to have emotional energy, protected health and that my blood rejuvenates quickly. As I start chemotherapy again, I will really appreciate all of your prayers.

Additionally, right now is the physically best that I have felt in right around one year. It feels great to be able to enjoy how I am feeling.

Love,
Nathan

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Nathan, We will be praying for your strength and peace as you start this next cycle of treatment! Thank you for the amazing example of FAITH and PERSEVERANCE that you are setting for all of us everyday. Praying in faith that God will flood you with waterfalls of healing rain. Love, Mike, Shannon, Kayla, and Austin.

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
Thank you for the update...I'll be praying for your "feeling good" time...that you can enjoy it to the fullest. And as the 7th draws closer, that you will be filled with new strength through Christ. You are obviously learning all you can through your trial with cancer, and I believe you are being equipped to comfort others...as Jesus did. Hang in there! Your faith is a beacon!
Love & Peace,
Tammy Negrete
2 Thessalonian 2:16-17 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
Jason and I are thinking about you and your family. We pray for health and strength as you begin the next round of treatments.
Kristy & Jason

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan, you are a man after God's own heart. You walk and talk with HIM constantly. What a BLESSING that is in so many ways!!! I keep reminding myself every time I think of you that you are only a prayer away - Pray now! and I do. I say ditto to the message that Mike's family wrote. They said it well. May HIS presence and peace flood over you!! Love and prayers, Audrey Miller

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,

Hi. I haven't been in touch since Hesston days, but I wanted to let you know that I've been receiving email updates over the past several months. You're in my thoughts and prayers--for peace, strength, and healing.
From Baltimore,
Matt Burkey

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home