Thursday, November 17, 2005

Back to the Hospital

I am once again back in the hospital. And it is quite a bit sooner and longer than I would like. I found out today than I had a fever by dad checking my temperature about every hour and that it continued to increase. Then at 5:00 pm my temperature was up to 100.8 degrees which while receiving chemotherapy means that my white blood cells are going down. So, I had to come back up to the hospital for IV antibiotics to protect my body from any infections that I might receive while having no white blood cell protection. This also means that today was a hard day for me since I could not take Tylenol to relieve my pain. Additionally, a prayer concern is that my white blood cells and other injured important body parts continue to recover and grow as quickly as possible. And that I won’t get a life threatening infection.

Nathan

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
Just a note to say that we at East Goshen continue to pray for you weekly, keeping you listed in the "News and Notes" and keeping your blog reports posted on the bulletin board. I continue to pray for God's peace and healing in your life. Thanks for offering specific ways to pray. May you find quick recovery from this present battle with low white count. Hold fast to the hope you have in Christ, Nathan. Hold fast!
Merle Hostetler, Goshen, IN

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
We keep checking your blog. I know you can't know when we do it, so I thought I better write to thank you for faithfully keeping all of us informed. Your faith and tenacity is an inspiration. As you go from day to day, may you sense the arms of God enfolding you in love and care, and all God's people praying.

Wayne and Mary Nitzsche
Wooster, OH

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home