Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Update

As I looked at my blog lately, I realized that it has been awhile since I put anything on. I thought it would be good to fill you who are reading this in a little bit on my life. One of the things that I have been doing is speaking.

Today I helped my dad give the sermon and everything went well. We talked about our dealing with losses with the love of God in us and a positive attitude. Everything went well and a number of people said they got a lot from what we talked about. That is what is important.

Additionally, I have just taken some cognitive rehabilitation to help prepare me to go back to college. I have to do a bit of reading in preparation to go back to college. The doctor can then assess my abilities and then make a recommendation to Goshen about what I need to work with my new reading disabilities. I am not too worried about going back to school, but it will be a challenge.

My last blood work was in the low normal range, so that is going well. I still don’t have all of my hair back but that is ok with me. Over all, I am doing really well as I keep busy painting and spending time with my family and friends.

Nathan

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see your update, Nathan! I check it about once a week but pray for you daily. Praise God your blood work was within normal range! I'm really excited for your plans to return to Goshen as well. We need more Christian Social Workers to work with our troubled world and spread the hope of Jesus. Blessings. ~ Karen Nafziger :)

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very glad to see your update. I check it everyday when I turn on my computer. I met your Dad at KMC a couple of Sundays ago and told him to share with you that I sure wish you would do an update and keep us informed more often about all the positive things that are happening in your life. I'm so happy you will be returning to college this fall. And your chosen field really is personal with me since I was a social worker for l2 yrs. and was almost finished with my MSW degree when I became ill and have not been able to return to a very much loved career since. Blessings to you Nathan, Cathy.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan,
Thanks for the update! I know you are just enjoying your summer...well, besides reading!(-:
We are so happy about your progress and good reports. Have a wonderful vacation with your family. We'll be keeping you all in our prayers. Thanks for saying "Yes" to sharing your story at our church.
Love and blessings,
Tammy

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nathan, Great to hear that things are well with you! Our family continues to keep you in our prayers every day. God has blessed all of us very much! Hope that you enjoy the rest of the summer! Say hello to your family for us. Love, Myron, Shannon, Kayla, and Austin.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home