Thursday, January 19, 2006

Stem Cell Transplant

Today is the day that I will be receiving my stem cells back into my body. I have heard from a few of the nurses that today at 2pm will be an important recovery date; a recovery back to health once again. I found out today that I will be actually receiving two stem cell transplants, which means I will be receiving a second round of stem cells tomorrow morning. I am excited about the re-growth of my body and ask you to pray for a quick and healthy re-growth.

Love,
Nathan

PS: I want to add a ps to Nathan's blog to let you know that his stem cell transplant went well today. As Nathan mentioned above, he will get the second half tomorrow. The Transplant Unit refers to this day as Nathan's second birthday since the stem cells are meant to give him life again. We told Nathan that this is actually his third birthday, his baptism being his second one. He agreed. The room smells like creamed corn from the preservative that is put into the stem cells before they were frozen. Nathan's body emits this smell. Thank you all for your many prayers. We now wait for the bone marrow to begin making new cells. Twelve days is the record of recovery here on the unit. It takes about two weeks for the bone marrow to kick in. We see the stem cells as the opportunity for new life to be given to Nathan's body. Pray with us toward this end.

Tim and Carol

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,

Today during my prayer time for you I opened my bible to Phil 4:6-7....very powerful words during this challenging time in your life. I pray you will feel the peace of Christ more than ever now as you patiently wait to heal and return home (hopefully breaking the 12 day record at UIHC!).....

much love,

jane

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan and family,
I just want to say I'm praying for you and thinking of you all often. May God's peace be with you and his healing hand be upon you.
Shana

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! We lift you up in our prayers Nathan and ask for continued strength as your body accepts all these new blessed cells. What a wonderful birthday gift!
My little nephews are in desparate need of more prayers. They are in extremely critical condition. Could I please ask for prayers from you and your family and anyone that might be reading your blog? My niece and her husband are facing some very difficult decisions in the next 24 hours. thanks Nathan
God bless
Jo Weidner

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan, You and your family are in our prayers tonight! We are so thankful that the procedure with your stem cells went well! Our God is an AWESOME GOD, he reigns from heaven above, with wisdom, power, and love, our God is an AWESOME GOD! Love, Mike, Shannon, Kayla, and Austin.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,

Celebrating a wonderful birthday. So glad that the stem cell transplant went well. And now we pray and wait. Waiting is so difficult. They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint, Lord surround the Detweiler family as they wait. Surround them with your love and protection. Grant each of them a good night's rest so that as they wake with the morning light each of them may feel renewed in body and soul. In Christ's precious name I pray. Amen
Phyllis

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home