Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Treatment Begins (again)

This last Monday was a very busy day. I met with more doctors than I remember meeting with ever before. We started off not knowing if I should be going up, but as it turned out it was well worth the visit. I met with one of the doctors from the bone marrow transplant unit, a person who will be taking out my stem cells, and I was able to see the bone marrow transplant center. In addition, I even was able to see my traditional doctors. In other words, my insurance company has decided to allow me to receive the bone marrow treatment. This means I will start receiving an injection to increase the stem cells in my blood vessels. And, starting Monday I will begin to give my stem cells out to be frozen and saved for when I need it again. A major down side in the whole harvesting process is the time it takes for the stem cells to be extracted from my blood. It is a whopping four to five hours every day. I hope it can last as short as possible. I would appreciate it if you could remember that in your prayers as I will begin it next week.

With Love,
Nathan

2 Comments:

Blogger hershbad said...

Nathan

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you here in Harrisonburg.

Take care.

Andy Hershberger

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan I hope that you will be able to be there this weekend for the special event I look forward to seeing you!

I pray for you every morning when I do devotions :)

Rebecca Bender(Schlabaugh)

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home