Saturday, August 06, 2005

Saturday AM Update

Greetings All,
Nathan seems to have had a good night last night and is resting well. His vital signs are good and he is off all the IVs and oxygen. His progress is good enough to move him out of SICU and will be transfered to one of the nursing floors early afternoon. For this we praise God. Carol and I are still feeling rather numb and emotionally exhausted from the past two days. Our concerns are focused on the long term effects Nathan's surgery may have on his mental/emotional status. Keep us in your prayers that we may have strength to face the days ahead and peace knowing that Nathan is in deed in God's healing hands. Pray that Nathan will continue to recover from his surgery and that he will be able to recover without undo complications to the brain. The plan for now is for Nathan to begin radiation treatment on Thursday, 8/11. However, we are still waiting for the pathology report to come back. Thanks for your prayers. God's peace be with you all and with Nathan and us.

Tim and Carol

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to pray in FAITH that God will heal Nathan! We are thinking of your family and praying that you may experience the Peace of the Lord during this time. Love, Myron, Shannon, Kayla, and Austin.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in England, I know the Rev Ron P in Kent. My son too has had operations for multiple brain tumors. His last op was on 7/29 and was reasonably successful. However he has another quick growing tumor, he will see the consultant on Thursday, prayers carried my son through this last operation and will carry him through whatever happens. So these two young men will be in my prayers crossing the oceans, I pray for peace in our families. May God's will be done. May He bless Nathan and Bill.

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan - We received the update about your recent surgery in church this morning when Pastor Weldon Martens read an e-mail he had received. As a sister in Christ whom you have never met, just want you to know that prayers are with you and your family during this incredibly difficult time. Tim and Carol, may God be very near to you. Remember that your hands are held firmly by Someone who will never let go. The words to the song "His Eye is on the Sparrow" came to me today and I offer one verse to you. "'Let not your heart be troubled,' His tender words I hear; and resting on His goodness, I lose my doubt and fear. Tho' by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see: His eye is on the sparrow,and I know He watches me. I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free; for His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me." He's Watching! God's Peace and Healing - Carol Janzen, Henderson, NE

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying for the Detweiler family as the hymn "'Til the Storm Passes By" states.
In the dark of the midnight Have I oft hid my face, While the storms howl above me, and there's no hiding place. 'Mid the crash of the thunder, Precious Lord, hear my cry, "Keep them safe 'til the storm passes by."
'Til the storm passes over, 'Til the thunder sounds no more,
'Til the clouds roll forever from the sky,
Hold them fast, Let them stand in the hollow of Thy hand;
Keep me safe 'til the storm passes by.
The Seatons

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home