Monday, January 11, 2010

Seizures

This past couple of days, I have been going to the doctors for looking into my seizures that I have been having recently. I had seizures on three consecutive nights a little over one week ago, but since then I have received a new seizure medication. It has been working great right now.

This past Friday, the 8th, I went to visit a neurologist. They changed the medication I was taking to a complimentary drug and set me up for an EEG. Today, the 11th, I received my first EEG and the technician was surprised by the results. According to her findings, I am having a mini seizure in my brain every 10 to 15 seconds. This is really often, and so she called a neurologist into view it and look at the results. He asked Karla and a number of questions about how I acted during the day. It was decided that I would to have a routine visit with another neurologist to determine what will happen in this case.

I would appreciate your prayers as I will be meeting with another neurologist sometime soon.

Nathan

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers. Thank goodness for all the quality medical professionals looking out for you! I pray that they will continue to be able to diagnose and treat you in the right way and that the siezures will stop. Peace be with you Nathan and Karla.
Kristy Rempel

10:57 AM  
Anonymous whidbey woman said...

God is with you.
I just happened across your blog and send my best wishes. My husband is also a cancer warrior.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous rodz said...

Hi Nathan! This is my first time to visit your blog. I clicked the wrong button and your blog popped out. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise so I can pray for you. I hope you can find the best neurologist in town. Don't worry Nathan,everything will fall into its place.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan, I just visited your blog by chance and noticed your posts about your fight. Hang on and stay strong my friend. God doesn't test anyone more than they can handle. Have faith and do look into spiritual healing besides the physical treatment because things like your problem are not just because of physical issues, there are spiritual reasons for these problems as well. Try to stay clean and live healthy. Have a good time and a happy life. I'll pray for you even if do not know you in person. God bless you and your family.

1:39 PM  
Blogger [smiles] said...

My best wishes to you. I have a brother who's going through this as well. And I understand how hard it can be. I just happen to stumble onto your blog and skim through it today. And I can sympathize. Watever happens I hope you will be able to live your life to the fullest :]

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Caroline Lawrence said...

Found your blog post,cancer is only a word, not a sentence,quoted by Dr.John Diamond. Read a article from the New and Observer 40% breast cancer reports evidence that a virus are the cause .More and more cancer are linked to viruses. .A well educated Immune system is important . Consuming 4Life Transfer Factor keeps our Immune system . I f you haven't heard of 4Life Transfer Factor .visit me at
http://awesome04.my4life.com
and see for yourself the science behind the Immune system and Cancer.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Happyfoot said...

Found your blog post,cancer is only a word, not a sentence,quoted by Dr.John Diamond. Read a article from the New and Observer 40% breast cancer reports evidence that a virus are the cause .More and more cancer are linked to virus .A well educated Immune system is important . Consuming 4Life Transfer Factor keeps our Immune system . I f you haven't heard of 4Life Transfer Factor .visit me at
http://awesome04.my4life.com
and see for yourself the science behind the Immune system and Cancer.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home