Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Wonderful news

This past Monday (4/6/09), I went to receive the results of my MRI last Thursday and my neck CT scan last Friday from the oncology department. The nurse would not give me the results without the doctor looking at the results first. While I did not have a scheduled appointment with my oncologist, he met with me anyways after analyzing the scans.

As my doctor walked into the exam room, the first thing he said was “After reviewing the exams, I have found nothing to be concerned about.” As these words came out of his mouth, there was a feeling of peace that grew in my body as the fears of more treatment were lifted away. We were informed that the neck CT scan did not show any concerns to reveal cancer. We were also told the MRI scan showed that the small spot in my right frontal lob most likely was a cell that had burst, which would have been a side effect from receiving radiation therapy three years ago. More simply put, the doctor could not find anything to be worried about. But, he did say the inside of my body looks “very abnormal.” We all laughed after hearing this great insight :).

Once again, I thank you for your many prayers as my family, friends, and I have had to experience the anxiety of more scans. May God bless you in your lives as well. And I have the faith God will continue to bless us all.

Let us all give praise to God,
Nathan

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning from D.C. What great news! Praise the Lord. Sharon B

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is good. There could be no bigger reminder of His love for us as we remember the death and resurrection of His son this week.
Thank you Lord for all blessings received.

Jolisa Weidner

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! Easter Blessings.
~ Karen Nafziger

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan, A winner and a blessed one at that. Have a great Easter.

gail

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am humbled once again by God's mercy and love that has been displayed through your story Nathan. Praise HIM!

Our prayers will continue for you and so will the praises!

Pray on...

Mike, Karen & Jacob Van Osdol

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home