Monday, March 23, 2009

More info

After meeting this Monday afternoon with my doctor, I now have more of a plan as far as finding out more about the white spot in my brain. My doctor is not 100% sure this spot is cancer growth. After all, it is hard to truly know what the image is without further tests. The spot is less than half of a centimeter and could have been missed on previous scans since the pictures are taken every half of a centimeter.

In order to find out what this spot is, during this week I will be having a PET scan of my body. The PET scan reveals differences between cells and with dye highlights abnormal cells such as cancer. I will also be receiving and MRA. The MRA is a scan which can identify if this spot in my brain is from a small stroke. One of the side effects of having brain radiation can be a higher chance of having a stroke. This could have happened almost a year ago when I had stroke like symptoms which was thought to be a mini seizure. The MRA will also be able to determine if the spot has changed sizes in the past couple of weeks.

As I mention earlier, the reason for these scans is to beg a better understanding of this spot in my brain. I also want to thank you for your prayers. While we don’t know exactly what the spot in my brain is, my doctor said it won’t take very long to figure it out with the scans I will be having.

May God continue to fill us with peace and love,
Nathan

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. You are absolutely in our prayers. We pray for healing, peace, endurance and mental strength as you undergo more tests.
Kristy & Jason Rempel

10:06 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

You happened to come to my mind Sunday so I checked your blog after not having done so for a while. I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with more stuff. So many tests and each one gives ample opportunity for fear. I am praying for God's peace for you and good news!

Marilyn Eigsti

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

News that is more positive. Great!!!!!!!

gail

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home