Friday, January 27, 2006

White Cells Begin to Climb

Early this morning my nurse leaned down to tell me that my white blood cells had grown for the first time since receiving my stem cells. I have also been maintaining a more of a stable fever. While it isn’t good to have a fever it is better to have a low grade one rather than a high one. Starting yesterday, I have begun the process off feeling better.

Thanks for your prayers,
Nathan

PS: It is so good to see Nathan’s white blood count begin to rise. It is at 0.2 today, the first sign that the bone marrow is beginning to make good cells once again. This is important for Nathan’s healing of the sores in his mouth, throat and stomach. Nathan also ate yogurt last night, the first time he ate anything for five days. He also ate yogurt for breakfast this morning. These are all positive signs that Nathan’s body is beginning to heal following his chemotherapy. The sun is shinning bright in our window this morning, reminding us of God’s love that surrounds us here in the hospital.

Tim

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sun is absolutely beautiful today. The Lord has his healing hand upon you Nathan. He is a most gracious and loving God. We thank Him for blessings received. He will continue to bless you. My little nephews on the 6th floor at the U of I continue to fight. There weight has dropped to 1.1lb and heart murmurs have been detected. The brain hemorrages are now causing many seizures for Jake. It seems his little brain is swollen from all of the blood. If you and your family and friends have some prayers to share for them my family would be grateful. I always feel God's presence when I read your blog. Thank you for all you've shared to help us to be faithful prayer warriors.
God bless you with peace today,
Jo Weidner

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAISE BE TO GOD!!! Nathan, we are so thankful to hear this news! We are happy to hear that you are starting to feel better again, and that your white blood cell count is rising. We thank God that he is healing you to his glory! Love, Myron, Shannon, Kayla,and Austin.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just get "holy spirit bumps" reading your blog. Praise God for the start of something big!! We will continue to pray!

Thanks to Nathan, Tim and Carol for keeping us updated. Blessings to your whole family!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I praise the Lord with you for this great news. I pray for your your continued healing. I missed your dad at PW this year but know he would not have been able to focus here as his heart and mind wuld have been back in IA. We had a great week, both meeting and weather wise. Blessings. Sharon

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nathan! Awesome News!!!!
Praying those WBCs keep on a climbin! Hallelujah! And I'm sure I've heard that yogurt is suppose to be good for you! (-:
The many blessings of a new day...big and small...and more reason to have hope. God is SO good!
Joyfully praying,
Tammy N.

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
Your blog page is linked on my "home page" so I can quickly go and see what you and your parents have posted. Thanks for being so faithful in keeping us all posted on your progress. Our prayers continue with you on this "rebirth" journey!

Love and Prayers,
Wayne and Mary Nitzsche
Wooster, Ohio

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too want to thank you for keeping this site going...we continue to pray that "God's healing grace and love will be in every corner or your heart, every crevice of your mind and every cell of your body"
It was so good to hear of the return of the white blood cells...
smiles,
Pam

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan- This is a good beginning. We continue to lift up prayer not only for you but your family, and those who are attending you.

Dick and Susan

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home